Fallen Index du Forum
PortailFallen Index du ForumWowrmSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésMembresGroupesRechercherFAQConnexionS’enregistrer
My Own Story

Répondre au sujet    Fallen Index du Forum » Recrutements » Candidatures Sujet précédent
Sujet suivant
My Own Story
Auteur Message
voyltah

Message My Own Story Répondre en citant

My Own Story
by Emmeline Pankhurst

>>>DOWNLOAD BOOK My Own Story

The closing paragraphs of this book were written in the late summer of 1914, when the armies of every great power in Europe were being mobilised for savage, unsparing, barbarous warfare—against one another, against small and unaggressive nations, against helpless women and children, against civilisation itself. How mild, by comparison with the despatches in the daily newspapers, will seem this chronicle of women's militant struggle against political and social injustice in one small corner of Europe. Yet let it stand as it was written, with peace—so-called, and civilisation, and orderly government as the background for heroism such as the world has seldom witnessed. The militancy of men, through all the centuries, has drenched the world with blood, and for these deeds of horror and destruction men have been rewarded with monuments, with great songs and epics. The militancy of women has harmed no human life save the lives of those who fought the battle of righteousness. Time alone will reveal what reward will be allotted to the women.

I have not personally suffered from the deprivations, the bitterness and sorrow which bring so many men and women to a realisation of social injusticeIt was my awakening to one of the most terrible facts of life-that justice and judgment lie often a world apartEmmeline Pankhurst makes it a rather good read, but I found that something was lacking, yet I can't put my finger on itIt was never meant to be an autobiography, and so Emmeline is dispassionate about her family; her children and her late husband (except insofar as his role in the early suffrage campaigns)This is an important history lesson that should be compulsory learning, how valuable to teach our young girls the lessons of this cou Thank god we have people like Emmeline Pankhurst that existed in the world! What an inspiring and true pioneer of her generation so dedicated to the suffrage cause and paving the way for future generations of womenWe owe our freedom to these brave women! Hear hear! .more flag 29 likesLike see review View all 6 comments Instead I found myself reaching for Google to help fill in the gaps.Overall it's a good book to start reading about the basic origins of feminism in the UK, but if you want something a bit more gritty and modern to keep you in-touch with feminism today you'd be better off looking else whereMay 02, 2017 Dawn rated it it was amazing review of another edition Emmeline Pankhurst, these days, has a reputation for being stern and deeply unforgiving of those who have the temerity to disagree with her - a reputation that's probably deserved given that she cut off all ties with two of her daughters (even packing one off to Australia).But, what this book shows is that she was undeniably a great leader who galvanised women into actionThe answer to these puzzling questions came to me unexpectedly one night when I lay in my little bed waiting for sleep to overtake meBlood transfusions and blood products like Factor VIII are treated so that they no longer harbor the virusIt was with a deep sense of their gravity that these letter-buming protests were undertaken, but we felt that something drastic must be done in order to destroy the apathy of the men of England who view with indifference the suffering of women oppressed by unjust lawsInside the Music of Brian Wilson: the Songs, Sounds, and Influences of the Beach Boys' Founding Genius

But it tells me there is a cultural legacy of chauvinism that hasn't fully been eradicated.Brilliantly cogent, Pankhurst lays out her argument for women's suffrage with clarity and single mindedness(I would like to think she was not ideologically opposed.) She wanted a Women's Suffrage Bill put before Parliament.Many Liberal MPs supported women's suffrage, but were opposed to the WSPU's plans for limited enfranchisement as giving more votes to wealthy women at the expense of working class menI think of myself as a pacifist, and for that reason was glad that within all the strong and stirring arguments that militancy was necessary there were a lot of lines drawn against the actual harming of humansThe amendment was defeated, but in the act as passed the word "man," instead of the usual "male person," was used! Javascript is not enabled in your browserread more Article Cumulative AIDS Cases in the United States Cumulative AIDS Cases in the United States The estimated number of diagnoses of AIDS through 2002 in the United States is 886,575Under its terms, householders paying a minimum of ten pounds a year rental were given the Parliamentary voteAdult and adolescent AIDS cases totaledReturning from school one day, I met my mother just setting out for the meeting, and I begged her to let me go alongUnder Mrs Pankhurst's bill (but not Mr Asquith's) she could also have voted in national ones, so the last grandparent to be enfranchised under the legislation as actually passed would have been the first.What did Mrs Pankhurst and the valiant women of the WSPU achieve?Some historians have sidelined her and even said she delayed women's suffrage, many women feel she got them the voteQuesta la parte che pi ho apprezzato, quella pi emotiva e sentita se vogliamo: i racconti dei giorni e delle settimane passate in prigione, la costanza di queste donne che per essere riconosciute come prigioniere di guerra si impongono lo sciopero della fame, il racconto tremendo dell'alimentazione forzata che veniva loro imposta dai medici carcerieri, una tortura sofferta che lacerava lo stomaco e che per non le ha fermate, il racconto della stessa Pankhurst e di come a quello della fame ha seguito lo sciopero della sete e addirittura del sonno e infine di come, dopo pochi giorni, ormai venivano liberate perch allo stremo delle forze, quasi del tutto morentiI found this a fascinating read because of the way it charts the journey of civil disobedience in relation to one very specific issue, and how the women were persistent and courageous e This book contains an account of the militant suffragette movement by Emmeline Pankhurst herself, so it's not surprising to find no small amount of self-praise for the Women's Social and Political Union (WSPU) in itA parer mio, il suo non stato il modo migliore per destreggiarsi in anni di legislazioni: capita che in una sola pagina vengano ricordate tre leggi diverse, con nomi affini, che lei utilizza per farci capire il contesto ma che risulta invece abbastanza confusionarioWhen they came to the point of saying to the Government: "Stop this, in the only way it can be stopped, by giving the women of England representation," then we should extinguish our torchThe fount of wisdom represented by MrThese men were being taken to the jail in a prison vanThe woman were brave, intelligent and totally committed against a government ( all parties) who chose to criminalise woman rather than listen to the issuesThe New York Times noted that the book was suspiciously published as Wilson was in the midst of numerous lawsuits, but that his "co-author, Todd Gold, a writer at People magazine, helps give the story its brisk, anecdotal pace and pop-psychological facility."[10]ISBN9780786730742 48a4f088c3

Autos super deportivos 4 (Spanish Edition)Langhaardackel Diets Matter: Raw Dog Food Cook Book, Blank Recipe Cookbook, 7 x 10, 100 Blank Recipe Pagesfeline narratives, poetryL'amour à l'excès T05 (French Edition)Chemtrails Are Above Us: The Story of the Disclosure of Hidden Truths About the Global Crime of Chemistry in the AtmosphereThe Spy List: Ice Cold Spy Gamesd%27Cyphr%3A+Breaking+The+CodeMisfit Faith: Confessions of a Drunk Ex-PastorMy Life with Bob: Flawed Heroine Keeps Book of Books, Plot EnsuesThe Inner Life of Cats: The Science and Secrets of Our Mysterious Feline Companions

Lun 3 Juil - 06:24 (2017)
Publicité

Message Publicité
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Lun 3 Juil - 06:24 (2017)
Répondre au sujet    Fallen Index du Forum » Recrutements » Candidatures Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: 

Portail | Index | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation